It’s holiday season and all I can think about are all the cocktails, galas and holiday shindigs on my ever-growing social calendar. If you’re like me, you’ll be trotting off to a number of holiday parties this season. Though the prospect of trying out new makeup looks
for the holidays can be fun, it can also be a little intimidating if you’re the type of girl who typically does more muted or natural-looking makeup.
Mary Kay is a brand I grew up around as a child. My mother had her share of Mary Kay® skincare on our bathroom shelf and so it’s definitely a name I grew up recognizing in cosmetics. I, however, never really used the products myself so I love that the team at Mary Kay
sent me a group of their products to try. It also came with an easy instructional sheet on using Mary Kay to put together a fun holiday look.
What I like about the products, is that they weren’t overpowering or complicated to use and they gave me a fresh look. Simple and beautiful – that’s essentially the base of my personal beauty philosophy. Little details like their gel eyeliner coming with an applicator brush made the whole process much easier.
Also something I loved, specifically for brown girls like myself, is that their mineral eyeshadows took me super glam pretty quickly since they’re so concentrated. With some neutrals and gold eyeshadows you end up piling on alot of layers to get the effect you want but these gave me the look I wanted without much work.
Here’s how to get this look:
Products: Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color ($7 each), Mary Kay® Gel Eyeliner with Expandable Brush Applicator ($18) Mary Kay® Creme Lipstick ($15). All prices are suggested retail.
1. Start by applying a bit of concealer, liquid foundation and powder as a base for the face.
2. Highlight the inner corners of the eyes with Glistening Gold mineral eye color.
3. Brush Rosegold mineral eye color from eyelids to creases.
4. Highlight the brown bone using Gold Coast mineral eye color.
5. Create a cat eye with Jet Black gel eyeliner.
6. Finally, apply Berry Kiss lipstick on the lips.
Simple, festive and flawless! Love this look? Let me know your favorite holiday makeup tips in the comments below to be entered for the chance to win a $100 VISA Gift Card (hello holiday shopping!) plus a collection of Mary Kay® products!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/17/2014 – 12/21/2014.
Be sure to visit the Mary Kay brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!