The last few weeks have been quite eventful! So much that I haven’t had a chance to post one of these in over two weeks. So here’s a super brief rundown of the majority of my July. Still about a week left in this month, let’s make it great!
– So I went to Miami the week before last for a much-needed (real) vacation. Though I have been traveling alot lately (from Los Angeles for the BET Awards to New Orleans for Essence Music Festival), I hadn’t had a real break to just, well, chill and not work! So I packed up my things and headed down to the shores of South Beach with some friends.
|This is me pretending to be rich in my new bathing suit – from the H&M Plus line!
So among beach bumming on South Beach, I partied, ran into both Lil’ Scrappy and Stevie J (hello Love & Hip-Hop ATL), pool-hopped and posed for group photos. Best way to spend a weekend getaway.
– I discovered a few old things and few new ones recently. I went home to see my parents and ended up cleaning out an old drawer with souvenirs from my past study-abroad travels. Don’t you love those moments? I also discovered my new favorite shoe line Ron Donovan. Sexy stilettos. I nearly fainted. And I did my very first Berry Mango smoothie all by my self. Yep yep, big girl now…
– Yesterday I co-hosted an amazing brunch with women of color who work in the social media space. It was so awesome being around such beautiful women who are trying to make change with their social media presence. The lovely Kim Coles (you may know her as Sinclair from Living Single) showed up and ate and talked with us. The lovely folks at Shea Moisture sponsored. I love them and I love her.
How was your week/weekend? Talk to me!
It was around this time three years ago, in the summer of 2009, that I embarked on my incredibly journey with this fashion & beauty blog. LoveBrownSugar.com started out as a side hobby that turned into an obsession that has now blossomed into a true passion. And it’s all because of you!
Whether you’ve been with me from my first post (which ironically was about the BET Awards…go figure) or you just joined my journey because you recently found me on Twitter, I love you and I thank you for all your support! To show my thanks, I’m kicking off a month long giveaway blitz, similar to my 25 Days of LoveBrownSugar series.
Each day until the end of the month, I’ll be giving away some of my favorite goodies right here on LoveBrownSugar.com. You guys know how much I love fashion & beauty products, and I know how much YOU love free stuff. Clearly it’s a win-win. So without further ado, let’s kick it off with our first giveaway!
So in a few of my recent posts, including my “Road to BET Awards: Day 3”
post and my recent LBS in LA
posts, I’ve been singing the praises of new cosmetics line LiSi Cosmetics
. They’re a brand new company with amazing quality makeup at drugstore prices. Crazy right? I know.
I paid their flagship NYC location a visit recently and fell in love! From nail polish to lipstick to bronzer, most of which was under $10. Loveeee the products. So, I’m giving some away! Follow the rules below to enter to win a gift package of my favorite LiSi Cosmetics products including their Satin Eyes shimmer eyeshadow, their Flushed blush, their signature nail polish and their amazing bronzer.
1. You must be a fan of LoveBrownSugar on Facebook
2. You must be a fan of LiSi Cosmetics on Facebook
3. Leave a comment below (make sure your email is linked within)
*For BONUS entry, leave a comment on the LiSi Cosmetics Facebook page and let them know I sent you!